Data Subject Consent Form
Please complete the required fields below and select Submit.
In complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), Peresec South Africa (Pty) Ltd and its operating entities Peresec Prime Brokers (Pty) Ltd, Peresec Derivatives (Pty) Ltd, Peresec Fund Platform and Peresec SA Nominees (Pty) Ltd (collectively referred to as the “Peresec Group”) require your consent to Process your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is defined in POPIA as follows –
“Information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to –
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, wellbeing, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal, or the employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person, that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.”
“Processing” is defined in POPIA as follows –
“Processing means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including—
- the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.”
I hereby provide my consent to the Peresec Group to process my Personal Information.
I am aware that I have the following rights under POPIA:
- The right to access – You have the right to ask us to provide you with a description of your Personal Information or request copies of all your Personal Information. You may be charged a small fee in the processing of this request, if allowed by applicable law.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe to be incorrect or information that is incomplete.
- The right to erase – Under certain conditions and where permissible by applicable law and other legal restrictions, you may request that we delete all your Personal Information.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of Personal Information under certain conditions where the restriction does not affect the provision of services or is not prohibited by applicable law.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain conditions and on reasonable grounds.
- The right to portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Information that we have collected about you to you or another organisation under certain circumstances.